- To promote and aid in the growth of Japan's traditional martial arts and ways.
- To assist the public in achieving spiritual growth and physical development through budo/bujutsu training.
- To further friendship and understanding between Asian and Western martial artists.
- To establish goodwill and harmony among martial artists of various systems.
- To offer Western martial artists access to legitimate budo/bujutsu organizations and teachers in Japan.
- To give practitioners of authentic budo/bujutsu recognition for their years of devotion to these arts.
Want to learn how to join the SMAA and support these goals? Just go to http://www.smaa-hq.com/.